The World Brain Tumor Day is celebrated on the 8th of June every year since 2000. The day was first observed by the German Brain Tumour Association.
(People Also Like To Read: World Schizophrenia Day)
The Association is a non-profit organization which raises general public awareness as well as educate people about the consequences of the brain tumor.
The malignant brain tumor is very common nowadays as about several people suffer from this disease all across the world.
According to a study more than 500-600 new cases are diagnosed with a brain tumor every day worldwide. It is the most common type of cancer among children.
The rate and currency of this tumor are growing in India. According to a study regarding childhood cancer, a brain tumor is commonest among girls and even in both sexes in adults.
The Government of India has also introduced the National Cancer Control Programme for the World Brain Tumor Day with several objectives regarding prevention, early detection, screening, diagnosis and treatment including palliative care.
What is Brain Tumour?
The brain tumor is defined as an unnecessary growth of the cells when the body doesn’t require them is known as cancer. A brain tumor occurs when abnormal cells produce within any part of the brain. There are two main types of tumors called benign and malignant tumors.
Following are Some Facts Related to the Brain Tumor:
- It can occur at any age.
- The exact cause of the tumor is not clear.
- The symptoms of the tumor depend upon their size, location, and type.
- The common type of primary brain tumor among adults are astrocytoma, oligodendroglioma, and meningioma.
- The common type of primary brain tumors in children are grade I or II, brain stem glioma, medulloblastoma, and ependymoma.
- Some risk factors for the tumor are a family history and high dose X-rays.
- Brain tumors are diagnosed based on the results of a medical history and physical examination as well as various specialized tests of the brain and nervous system.
- Options for brain tumor treatment include surgery, chemotherapy, and radiation therapy or a combination of treatments.
What are the Symptoms of the Brain Tumor?
The tumors may produce symptoms that vary depending on the part of the brain.
Some common symptoms include;
- A problem with vision
- Mental changes.
The patient usually feels vomiting and headache in the morning. More specific problems may include difficulty in walking, speaking, and sometimes sensation.
What are the Available Treatments for the Brain Tumor?
Doctors may suggest some of the following treatments according to their type, position, and grade of the tumor and general health of a patient including;
- Ventricular peritoneal shunt
- Anti-seizure medication
(You Might Also Like To Read: Good Things to Eat After Food Poisoning)
Disclaimer: GoMedii is a recognized and a considerate healthcare platform which tends to connect every dot of the healthcare needs and facilities. GoMedii facilitates the accessibility of all health news, health tips, and information from the Health experts and Doctors to the eyes of readers. All of the information and facts mentioned in the GoMedii Blog are thoroughly examined and verified by the Doctors and Health Experts, elsewise source of information is confirmed for the same.
About GoMedii: GoMedii is a Healthcare Technology Platform That Works Out Your Treatment / Surgery the Way You Need & Plan. A Treatment partner that simplifies the patient journey at every step. Drop Your Queries for the most affordable & world-class treatment options.You may simply download the GoMedii app for Android or iOS.