- 1 What Is Hip Joint Replacement Surgery?
- 2 What Are The Tests Done Before Hip Joint Replacement Surgery?
- 3 What Is The Hip Joint Replacement Surgery Procedure?
- 4 What Are The Benefits Of Hip Joint Replacement Surgery?
- 5 What Are The Risk Factors Of Hip Joint Replacement Surgery?
- 6 How Much Does Hip Joint Replacement Surgery Cost In India?
- 7 Which Are The Top Hip Joint Replacement Surgery Hospitals In India
- 8 FAQs Related To Hip Joint Surgery Replacement Surgery Cost In India
- 9 Choose GoMedii For The Best Hip Joint Replacement Surgery Cost In India
According to various studies, hip joint replacement surgery is one of the best treatments for hip joint-related problems, with a success rate of 85 – 90%. In this article, we will know everything about hip joint replacement surgery cost in India.
Keep on reading!
(People Also Like To Read: Hip And Knee Joint Replacement Surgery Hospitals In Mumbai)
What Is Hip Joint Replacement Surgery?
Hip joint replacement is a procedure that is primarily used to remove defects near your hip joint and replace them with artificial joints (prosthetics), metal, ceramic, and rigid plastics.
These artificial joints mainly reduce pain and improve hip joint functioning. Hip replacement surgery is one of the best options for those struggling to perform daily activities such as walking, pain while sitting, and difficulty going on stairs. This surgery is done in case of damage due to arthritis.
What Are The Different Types of Hip Joint Replacement Surgery?
- Total Hip Replacement Surgery: This procedure is also known as half-replacement surgery, in which the hip joint is removed and replaced with a hip implant. This is the most common form of hip replacement surgery in orthopedics.
- Partial Hip Replacement Surgery: This is the procedure in which your doctor will replace the ball of your joint rather than the socket. Typically, this procedure is carried out for those in their old age.
- Hip Revision Surgery: Hip replacement or hip revision is a kind of surgery used to repair or replace artificial hip joints in case of infection and stiffness.
- Hip Resurfacing: Hip resurfacing is a form of hip replacement surgery. It uses implants to ease hip pain and stiffness caused by osteoarthritis and other conditions.
What Are The Tests Done Before Hip Joint Replacement Surgery?
- Blood Samples: Complete blood count or blood sampling helps measure the count of different components of blood such as WBCs, RBCs, hemoglobin level, and platelets level. It also evaluates the patient’s health and detects disorders like infection, anemia, etc.
- X-ray: Very helpful in detecting problems like infections, tumors, or fractures in the hip joint.
- Urine Sample: Urine sampling is one of the significant tests for detecting the concentrations and appearance of urine. This procedure helps detect disorders like diabetes, urinary tract infections, and kidney diseases.
- Electrocardiogram(ECG): Typically, this procedure detects cardiac-related defects.
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging(MRI): The surgeon may perform MRI to diagnose chronic and acute hip pain. It helps in accessing the soft tissues in the hip.
What Is The Hip Joint Replacement Surgery Procedure?
Hip joint replacement surgery is a major surgery, involving steps like:
- The patient is given general anesthetic to numb the lower half body of the patient.
- The surgeons then make an incision over the side or front of the patient’s hip.
- Then, they remove the damaged and diseased parts of the cartilage and bone.
- After this, they replace the injured socket and implant the prosthetic socket in the pelvic bone.
- At last, the round ball at the top of the femur is replaced with the prosthetic ball. This ball is attached to the stem that is fitted into the thighbone.
- After the surgery is over, the patient is moved to the recovery room.
- The medical team will then examine the patient and prescribe the required medications.
What Are The Benefits Of Hip Joint Replacement Surgery?
The benefits of hip joint replacement surgery include:
- Pain relief
- High success rates
- Improved strength and mobility
- Long-lasting results
- Enhanced quality of life
- Better coordination
(People Also Like To Read: Top 10 Pediatric Liver Transplant Surgery Hospitals In Mumbai)
What Are The Risk Factors Of Hip Joint Replacement Surgery?
Just like in any other surgery, hip joint replacement surgery also has certain risks, such as:
- Risk of blood clots
- Risk of infections
How Much Does Hip Joint Replacement Surgery Cost In India?
The Hip Joint Surgery Replacement Cost in India varies from USD 5000 to USD 6000, depending upon the healthcare facility and condition of the patient.
Which Are The Top Hip Joint Replacement Surgery Hospitals In India
Hip Joint Replacement Surgery is relatively safe and successful; India is a leading country in offering high-end surgery at affordable cost. Some renowned hospitals for hip joint replacement surgery in India:
- BLK Super Speciality Hospital, Delhi NCR
- Max Super Speciality Hospital, Saket, Delhi
- Artemis Hospital, Gurgram, Delhi NCR
- Medanta The Medicity, Gurugram, Delhi NCR
- Gleneagles Global Hospitals, Hyderabad
- Manipal Hospitals New Delhi, Delhi NCR
- Indraprastha Apollo Hospital New Delhi, Delhi NCR
- Fortis Memorial Research Institute, Gurugram
- Fortis Hospital, NOIDA
- MGM Healthcare, Chennai
FAQs Related To Hip Joint Surgery Replacement Surgery Cost In India
1. Is hip replacement surgery safe in India?
Hip replacement surgery is relatively safe and has been showing promising results with successive results in India.
2. Can you live an everyday life after hip replacement?
This procedure doesn’t restrict your everyday life, but it will take some time to return to physically demanding activities fully.
3. Is hip replacement surgery risky?
Hip Joint Replacement Surgery is a safe procedure with minimally non-invasive procedures, but at the same time, every procedure may carry some risks.
4. Can you fully recover from a hip replacement?
It may depend upon your health condition and the procedures during surgery. In most cases, this will take up to 6 to 12 months to fully recover.
5. What is the cost of a single hip replacement?
The cost of hip replacement surgery in India varies from USD 5000 to USD 6000.
Choose GoMedii For The Best Hip Joint Replacement Surgery Cost In India
If you want the best and most affordable hip joint replacement surgery cost in India, you are at the right place and time! Trust GoMedii with your treatment; we assure you of a top-notch, hassle-free process.
We have tie-ups with one of India’s most reputed hospitals to get you the best treatment at an affordable cost. Furthermore, to avail of our packages, you can contact us on our “Website” and call us at +91-9599004311. Additionally, you can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our team will respond to you on a priority basis.
Feel free to drop your queries through this “form. “Our team of experts will contact you!
(People Also Like To Read: Hip Joint Replacement Surgery Cost In Apollo Hospitals)
Disclaimer: GoMedii is a recognized and a considerate healthcare platform which tends to connect every dot of the healthcare needs and facilities. GoMedii facilitates the accessibility of all health news, health tips, and information from the Health experts and Doctors to the eyes of readers. All of the information and facts mentioned in the GoMedii Blog are thoroughly examined and verified by the Doctors and Health Experts, elsewise source of information is confirmed for the same.
About GoMedii: GoMedii is a Healthcare Technology Platform That Works Out Your Treatment / Surgery the Way You Need & Plan. A Treatment partner that simplifies the patient journey at every step. Drop Your Queries for the most affordable & world-class treatment options.You may simply download the GoMedii app for Android or iOS.