- 1 What Is Bronchoscopy?
- 2 Benefits of Bronchoscopy In Kolkata
- 3 What Happens During Bronchoscopy?
- 4 What Happens After Bronchoscopy Surgery?
- 5 How To Prepare For Bronchoscopy?
- 6 Side Effects Of Bronchoscopy
- 7 Results Of Bronchoscopy
- 8 Bronchoscopy Cost In Kolkata
- 9 Top Bronchoscopy Hospitals In Kolkata
- 10 FAQs Related To Bronchoscopy Cost In Kolkata
India is a premier destination for medical treatments around the world. You can get high-quality, affordable treatments in many top-tier cities in India like Kolkata, Delhi-NCR, Bangalore, etc. Apart from treatments, the country is also famed for providing major diagnostic tests with high precision. In this article, we will be discussing the bronchoscopy cost in Kolkata.
Keep on reading!
(People Also Like To Read: Know More About The Procedure Of Bronchoscopy)
What Is Bronchoscopy?
Bronchoscopy is a procedure in which a pulmonologist inspects the condition of your lungs and air passage with the help of a bronchoscope. This flexible tube-like instrument will enter the patient’s mouth through the trachea and bronchi.
This procedure is done under conditions like chronic coughs, infections, or if anything unusual is seen in your chest X-ray. Sometimes, bronchoscopy is required to collect the sample mucus for several malignancies.
Types Of Bronchoscopes:
- Rigid body – It is a straight tube mainly used to view the larger airways within the bronchi. It is also very useful to do procedures like stents. It also prevents foreign objects as well as large amounts of secretion of blood.
- Flexible body – A more versatile and appropriate way of imaging. This procedure is very flexible and can quickly go through bronchioles. It is mainly used for the placement of breathing tubes for airway passage.
Benefits of Bronchoscopy In Kolkata
Usually, we use this procedure for finding lung-related deficiencies. For instance, your doctor might refer you for bronchoscopy if you have an abnormal chest x-ray or asthmatic problems.
Some of the reasons for bronchoscopy include:
- Identification of lung inflammation and several bacterial infections
- Arrangement of tiny tubes(stents) for airway passage inside the lungs
- Biopsy of tissue
- Collapsed lung(pneumothorax)
- Vocal cord paralysis
What Happens During Bronchoscopy?
This procedure may vary depending upon the patient’s condition and healthcare provider’s method, but in most cases, a bronchoscopy will follow this process:
- You might be asked to change into a hospital gown for comfort.
- You will be sked to sit on the table with your head raised.
- An intravenous line (IV) will be placed inside a vein, usually in the hand or arm.
- You will be given anitbiotics before and after the procedure.
- You will be given certain sedatives, along with medicines to number your nose and throat. In case of right bronchoscopy, general anesthesia will be administered.
- A nasal tube and face mask will be attached for oxygen supply throughout the procedure. The patient’s heart rate, blood pressure, and breathing will be monitored as well.
- After that, the patient won’t be able to talk or swallow saliva. Saliva will be suctioned from your mouth when needed.
- Then, the bronchoscope will be inserted in your throat and the airway.
- You lung condition will be examined and tissue sample may be collected for further testing.
- Once its done, the bronchoscope will be removed and antibiotics will be given to you.
What Happens After Bronchoscopy Surgery?
Bronchoscopy is acknowledged as an outpatient procedure; usually, the patient can go home within a few hours of the procedure. So, you don’t have to spend the whole night at the hospital.
After the procedure, the healthcare team will supervise the patient to ensure that the patient is breathing and swallowing correctly. Patients may feel sore throat, cough, or hoarseness after the procedure for the next 24 hours.
The healthcare team will ensure the patient’s routine checkups and provide all necessary information shortly.
How To Prepare For Bronchoscopy?
We should be aware of some of the necessary prerequisites before going for this procedure, like:
- Avoid taking blood-thinning medicines.
- Avoid taking food and water for six hours before going for the surgery.
- In some cases, a person having tracheal stenosis, which is severe narrowing and blocking in the trachea, may not be able to undergo the procedure.
- The patient shouldn’t have pulmonary hypertension (high blood pressure in the lung’s blood vessels).
Side Effects Of Bronchoscopy
Mainly, bronchoscopies are undertaken by flexible bronchoscopes rather than rigid bronchoscopes because there is less risk of tissue damage.
Bronchoscopy is usually safe. Nevertheless, all procedures may include some side effects:
- Infection during surgery
- Bronchospasm (irritation inside the lung’s airways)
Results Of Bronchoscopy
Usually, a pulmonologist will share bronchoscopy results after 3 to 4 days of the procedure. On behalf of the result, a pulmonologist will go to treat the lung problems that were found. It’s also possible that you may need other tests or procedures.
Whenever a biopsy is taken during bronchoscopy, then it will be examined by a pathologist. Some results take longer because the tissue samples need additional preparation, and the biopsy specimen needs to be sent for genetic testing, which will take two weeks or more.
Bronchoscopy Cost In Kolkata
Bronchoscopy cost in Kolkata is between USD 300 to USD 100o, depending on the hospital chosen and other addition to the procedure.
Top Bronchoscopy Hospitals In Kolkata
There are many hospitals in Kolkata offering quality diagnostic tests along with treatments. GoMedii has compiled a list of top bronchoscopy hospitals in Kolkata for your convenience.
The hospitals are:
- Amri Hospital Salt Lake, Salt Lake
- Apollo Gleneagles Hospital, Kadapara
- Ck Birla Hospital, Alipore
- Fortis Hospital, Anandapur
- Medica Superspecialty Hospital, Mukundapur
- Fortis Medical Center, Sarat Bose Road
- Fortis Hospital and Kidney Institute, Rash Behari Ave)
FAQs Related To Bronchoscopy Cost In Kolkata
1. Is bronchoscopy painful?
Bronchoscopy can be slightly uncomfortable, depending on the type of bronchoscope used, but not painful.
2. How successful is bronchoscopy?
The overall flexible bronchoscope-guided intubation’s success rate ranges between 85.3% to 100%. (source: plos.org).
3. What are the side effects of bronchoscopy?
Just like any other procedure, there are some side-effects of bronchoscopy like bleeding, fever, trouble in swallowing, etc. The possibility of side-effects is very less.
4. How much time does it take for bronchoscopy?
Usually, bronchoscopy lasts 50-60 minutes, but the entire procedure, including preparations and recovery time, takes about four hours.
Choose GoMedii For The Best And Affordable Bronchoscopy Cost in Kolkata
If you want the best and most affordable Bronchoscopy cost in Kolkata, you are at the right place and time! Trust GoMedii with your treatment; we assure you of a top-notch, hassle-free process.
We have tie-ups with one of India’s most reputed hospitals to get you the best treatment at an affordable cost. Furthermore, to avail of our packages, you can contact us on our “Website” and call us at +91-9599004311. Additionally, you can also email us at email@example.com. Our team will respond to you on a priority basis.
Feel free to drop your queries through this “form. “Our team of experts will contact you!
Disclaimer: GoMedii is a recognized and a considerate healthcare platform which tends to connect every dot of the healthcare needs and facilities. GoMedii facilitates the accessibility of all health news, health tips, and information from the Health experts and Doctors to the eyes of readers. All of the information and facts mentioned in the GoMedii Blog are thoroughly examined and verified by the Doctors and Health Experts, elsewise source of information is confirmed for the same.
About GoMedii: GoMedii is a Healthcare Technology Platform That Works Out Your Treatment / Surgery the Way You Need & Plan. A Treatment partner that simplifies the patient journey at every step. Drop Your Queries for the most affordable & world-class treatment options.You may simply download the GoMedii app for Android or iOS.