- 1 What Is A Nose Job?
- 2 What Are The Reasons For Undergoing A Nose Job?
- 3 Tests Done Before A Nose Job
- 4 How To Prepare For A Nose Job?
- 5 Different Surgical Approaches to Nose Jobs in India
- 6 Difference Between Rhinoplasty and Septoplasty
- 8 Benefits Of A Nose Job
- 10 Risk Factors Of A Nose Job
- 11 Nose Job Cost in India
- 12 Nose Job Hospitals In India
- 13 FAQs On Nose Job Cost In India
Did you know that Sushruta, a renowned Indian physician, developed surgical techniques to repair and reconstruct the nose? Sushruta had also written many books on plastic surgery and its practices.
Notably, a nose job can solve many critical health conditions and also enhance the overall appearance. You can find some of the plastic surgeons and hospitals for an affordable nose job cost in India.
Read on to know more!
(People Also Like To Read: Laser Hair Removal Treatment in India: Transform Your Appearance)
What Is A Nose Job?
A nose job, also called rhinoplasty, is a cosmetic surgical procedure that involves altering the nose’s shape, size, or appearance to improve its aesthetic appeal or functionality. A nose job can:
- Change the size of the nose to make it larger using implants or make it smaller.
- Removing humps or building up depression on the bridge to change the condition of the nose.
- Changes to hooked turned up or bulbous (fat and round) nasal tip.
- Change the nostrils’ position or size and the nose’s width.
- Placed in an accurate position, proportioned to other facial features.
What Are The Reasons For Undergoing A Nose Job?
We are all familiar with Monica Geller, starring Courtney Cox in one of the most famous American sitcoms, FRIENDS. She underwent a nose job early in her career to make her appearance aesthetic. Similarly, many people undergo a nose job in India, not just for cosmetic but medical reasons as well. The reasons are:
1. Cosmetic Reasons:
- You may feel self-conscious about the size, shape, or proportions of your nose and wish to achieve an amicable facial profile along with aesthetic improvements.
- To correct imperfections such as a crooked nose, a hump on the bridge, or a bulbous tip or make it symmetrical to achieve a pleasing result.
- A nose job can help you to increase your confidence, and improving your appearance can boost your self-esteem.
2. Medical Reasons:
- You may opt for a nose job to unblock the nostrils for proper breathing and correct functional issues.
- You may prefer a nose job if you face any nasal injuries, such as fractures or dislocations due to any accident or trauma.
- A nose job can help you with congenital deformities such as nasal mass or weakness in the structure to improve your aesthetics and breathing.
Tests Done Before A Nose Job
You doctor will ask you to undergo certain tests to ascertain your eligibility, such as:
- Clinical blood analysis and biochemical blood assay
- Analysis for proserosyme
- Analysis for RW, HIV
- Analysis for hepatitis C and B
- X-ray analysis of the paranasal sinuses
- Analysis for blood group and Rh factor
How To Prepare For A Nose Job?
- Medical History: Consult a doctor to discuss surgery goals, history of nasal blockages, previous surgeries, medication, and blood-related conditions like bleeding disorders or hemophilia.
- Physical Examination: Physical examinations assess facial features, face structure, skin thickness, and nose cartilage strength, enabling doctors to determine necessary changes for effective nose job treatment.
- Photography: Doctors may use computer software to take photographs of facial structures, especially noses, for pre and post-surgery references, allowing for a detailed discussion of surgery goals.
There are certain things that a person should avoid doing before the nose job, such as:
- Medicines containing aspirin or ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin IB, others) two weeks before and after the surgery.
- Herbal remedies and over-the-counter supplements.
- Smoking and vaping
(People Also Like To Read: Know The Bronchoscopy Cost In Kolkata)
Different Surgical Approaches to Nose Jobs in India
There are various approaches to a nose job in India, such as:
1. Turbinate Reduction:
Turbinates, small nasal structures, can become swollen and inflamed due to allergies, irritation, or infection, causing nasal obstruction and congestion. Radiofrequency turbinate reduction reduces turbinate, improves airflow, and may require additional procedures.
Rhinoplasty or cosmetic nose reshaping is a surgical procedure that involves reshaping bone and cartilage, either inside the nose or outside the nostrils, known as an open procedure. It can alter the nose’s size, width, angle, tip, or bridge and may solve breathing issues from a damaged nose due to an accident or an illness such as cancer.
Septoplasty is a procedure to repair the septum, leaving the nose’s fundamental structure, using cartilage from other body parts, such as the ears or ribs. A general anesthetic is used during the outpatient operation of septoplasty. Infection, septal hematoma, perforation, and bleeding are possible risks.
Difference Between Rhinoplasty and Septoplasty
While both rhinoplasty and septoplasry come under nose job, there are certain differences between them in terms of surgery technique and the area of the nose operated.
|Purpose||To enhance a person’s facial appearance||To improve the functionality of the nose|
|Goal||Primary focus is aesthetics, reshaping & modifying the external structure||Aims at correcting deviated septum and improving nasal airflow; does not involve altering the external appearance|
|Procedure||A broader procedure for both aesthetic and functional concerns||A narrower and more focused procedure, external appearance of the nose remains largely unchanged|
|Surgery||Surgical procedures may involve internal incisions (closed rhinoplasty) or external incisions (open rhinoplasty)||Primarily involves making internal incisions within the nasal passages to access and straighten the deviated septum|
|Concerns||Rhinoplasty is primarily related to cosmetic concerns||Septoplasty is related to functional issues with breathing|
|Indications||Individuals wishing to alter their nose’s size, shape, or appearance for cosmetic purposes and may also undergo functional modifications.||Deviated septum causing breathing issues, nasal congestion, snoring, or sleep apnea in individuals.|
|Complications||Depending on the patient’s specific needs, this procedure may or may not address functional issues||Does not typically result in significant changes to the external appearance of the nose|
|Outcome||The outcomes aim to enhance the external appearance and nasal aesthetic of the nose, ensuring patients can expect improved nasal aesthetics.||The outcome is a functional improvement, with patients anticipating improved nasal airflow and reduced breathing issues.|
Benefits Of A Nose Job
There are any benefits of a nose job, like:
- A nose job can improve your confidence and enhance your looks.
- It might solve if you have a sinus infection or other sinus complications.
- If the facial structure or the shape of your nose discomforts you, then reshaping the nose will make you fit in with the help of a nose job.
- If you have a deviated septum, a nose job can enhance your breathing and help fix breathing-related sleep disorders such as apnea.
Risk Factors Of A Nose Job
As with any major surgery, rhinoplasty carries risks such as:
- A bad reaction to the anesthesia.
Other possible risks specific to rhinoplasty include but are not limited to:
- Problems breathing through the nose.
- Permanent numbness in and around the nose.
- The possibility of an uneven-looking nose.
- Pain, discoloration or swelling that may last.
- A hole in the wall between the left and right nostrils. This condition is called septal perforation.
- A need for additional surgery.
- Change in the sense of smell.
Nose Job Cost in India
The nose job cost in India ranges between USD 2000 to USD 4000, depending on the purpose of the suregry and hospital chosen.
Nose Job Hospitals In India
There are many renowned hospitals in India specializing in cosmetic procedures like nose jobs. GoMedii has compiled a exhaustive list of top 10 nose job hospitals in India for your convenience.
The major nose job hospitals in India are:
9. Accord Hospitals, Faridabad
FAQs On Nose Job Cost In India
1. Is a nose job permanent?
Yes, nose job is a permanent modification procedure but you may need some follow-up procedure to make further cosmetic adjustments.
2. Is it painful to get a nose job?
According to most of the patients, most people rate their pain between 0-4 out of 10.
3. Is a nose job in India safe?
Nose job in India is very safe procedure. Indian hospitals house some of the best cosmetic surgeons who use the latest equipments and techniques to provide the best result possible.
4. What is the success rate of a nose job?
The success rate of a nose job in India touches around 95%.
Choose GoMedii For The Best And Affordable Nose Job Cost in India
If you want the best and most affordable nose job cost in India, you are at the right place and time! Trust GoMedii with your treatment; we assure you of a top-notch, hassle-free process.
We have tie-ups with one of India’s most reputed hospitals to get you the best treatment at an affordable cost. Furthermore, to avail of our packages, you can contact us on our “Website” and WhatsApp (+91 9654030724) or call us at 9599004811). Additionally, you can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our team will respond to you on a priority basis.
Feel free to drop your queries through this “form. “Our team of experts will contact you!
(People Also Like To Read: What Is The Breast Lump Removal Surgery Cost In India?)
Disclaimer: GoMedii is a recognized and a considerate healthcare platform which tends to connect every dot of the healthcare needs and facilities. GoMedii facilitates the accessibility of all health news, health tips, and information from the Health experts and Doctors to the eyes of readers. All of the information and facts mentioned in the GoMedii Blog are thoroughly examined and verified by the Doctors and Health Experts, elsewise source of information is confirmed for the same.
About GoMedii: GoMedii is a Healthcare Technology Platform That Works Out Your Treatment / Surgery the Way You Need & Plan. A Treatment partner that simplifies the patient journey at every step. Drop Your Queries for the most affordable & world-class treatment options.You may simply download the GoMedii app for Android or iOS.