What is Whey Protein?
Whey protein is an aggregate of proteins isolated from whey. Whey is the liquid part of milk that separates during cheese manufacturing. People Also Like: Can Protein Shakes Cause Liver Damage?
Milk contains two types of proteins in a ratio that is casein (80%) and whey (20%).
Whey is basically a by-product of milk which is found in the watery portion of the milk when the fatty part of the milk is coagulated. You can see whey when you open a yogurt container the floating liquid on its top is the whey protein.
After going through a series of the process a product is made is known as whey protein, a powder which is added to shakes, meal replacement, and protein bars.
The whey proteins are bad in taste, so people generally prefer flavored proteins. Taking whey protein is very convenient and simple way of adding some extra proteins to your diet.
This is much more helpful for people working out for bodybuilding. This is also good for those who want to lose some pounds from their body as they lack protein in their diet.
Types of Whey Proteins:
There are basically three types of whey proteins including
Whey protein concentrate (WPC)
Whey protein isolate (WPI)
Whey protein hydrolysate (WPH)
Benefits of Whey Proteins:
As whey is more than a protein supplement it has many other health benefits too, some of them are listed below;
- It includes the reduction of blood sugar, lowering blood pressure and also reduces stress and depression.
- It is also noticed as a protection against cancer, reduces symptoms of hepatitis.
- Helps in the increment of bone mineral density and also helps HIV patients to increase their immune function to increase their lifespan.
- As whey protein is rich in amino acid cysteine which helps in raising the level of glutathione which is the main antioxidant in the body’s cell.
Drawbacks And Side-Effects Of Whey Protein:
- Every good comes with a bad side; dosage of any unnatural product in access is harmful which is also with the case of with whey protein supplement.
- Only 15-20gm of whey protein is recommended on daily basis usually after a workout.
- Ensure that if your protein intake is already high adding whey to your diet can be completely not needed.
- Intake of excess protein can cause you with several digestive problems such as diarrhea, cramping, pain, nausea, etc.
- If unable to maintain the regular intake or concentration the body is not possible then eating other protein-rich fruits is suggested. [People Also Like: How to Protect Your Family From Eye Infections]
Buy medicines for liver from your nearby pharmacy at cheaper price from GoMedii.
Disclaimer: GoMedii is a recognized and a considerate healthcare platform which tends to connect every dot of the healthcare needs and facilities. GoMedii facilitates the accessibility of all health news, health tips, and information from the Health experts and Doctors to the eyes of readers. All of the information and facts mentioned in the GoMedii Blog are thoroughly examined and verified by the Doctors and Health Experts, elsewise source of information is confirmed for the same.
About GoMedii: GoMedii is a Healthcare Technology Platform That Works Out Your Treatment / Surgery the Way You Need & Plan. A Treatment partner that simplifies the patient journey at every step. Drop Your Queries for the most affordable & world-class treatment options.You may simply download the GoMedii app for Android or iOS.