- 1 What Is Surrogacy?
- 2 Why Surrogacy?
- 3 What Makes Iran An Ideal Country For Surrogacy?
- 4 Surrogacy Law In Iran
- 5 What Is The Surrogacy Procedure In Iran?
- 6 Surrogacy Cost In Iran
- 7 Surrogacy In Islam
- 8 Surrogacy In Iran vs. Surrogacy In Georgia
- 10 Why You Should Choose GoMedii For Surrogacy In Iran?
- 11 FAQs On Surrogacy Cost In Iran
- 12 Choose GoMedii For The Most Affordable And The Best Surrogacy Cost In Iran
Iran is one of the upcoming medical destinations in Asia and has become one of the top countries for treatments like cosmetic surgery. Iran’s medical tourism market has also generated an estimated $1.2 billion in revenue. The country has also been ranked 10th by value by the International Medical Travel Journal. Surrogacy is another arrangement that Iran is famous for. The government fully supports the arrangement as long as the parties consent.
Read on to know the best surrogacy cost in Iran.
(People Also Like To Read: Nova IVF Fertility vs Apollo Fertility Center)
What Is Surrogacy?
Surrogacy is a process where a woman carries and delivers a child on behalf of a couple. It is an arrangement between a gestational carrier and a couple, supported by a legal contract. The gestational carrier, called surrogate mother, is impregnated via in-vitro fertilization.
Types Of Surrogacy:
There are mainly three types of surrogacy – traditional surrogacy, gestational surrogacy, and altruistic surrogacy.
- Traditional Surrogacy: The surrogate mother is the biologcal mother of the child. Here, the ovum from the surrogate mother is fertilized with the father’s sperm, and the fertilized egg is then artifically implanted into the surrogate’s womb. While traditional surroagcy is easier, faster and cheaper, many clinics do not support this method due to legal ambiguities.
- Gestational Surrogacy: There is no genetic link between the child and the surrogate. The gametes (egg and sperm) of the genetic parents are fertilized and then artifically impanted into the surrogate’s womb. This is the most common surrogacy and can be done in several ways. For example, you can use your egg/sperm or donated egg/sperm or any combination of them.
- Altruistic Surrogacy: The process is similar to gestational surrogacy with one major difference – the carrier will not receive any money for this process.
The main reason behind couples opting for surrogacy is infertility. Surrogacy is considered the last option for a couple to become parents because of the legal formalities and the costs that the couple would have to bear. The main reasons for a couple to opt for surrogacy are:
- Women without a functioning uterus.
- Women who have acquired disorders that make their uterus unsuitable for pregnancy, such as extensive fibroids or scarring of the uterine cavity.
- Women who have a medical condition that puts them at significant medical risk if they become pregnant.
- Women who have a history of recurrent pregnancy loss or miscarriages.
What Makes Iran An Ideal Country For Surrogacy?
There are many factors that make Iran an ideal destination for surrogacy, such as:
- Cost-Effective Choice: Iran is renowned for its affordability in surrogacy, with the devaluation of the local currency further enhancing its cost-effectiveness, making it a top choice for international patients.
- Legal and Religious Support: Surrogacy enjoys full government backing and legal recognition in Iran, particularly for heterosexual couples facing fertility issues or high-risk pregnancies. Endorsement from influential religious leaders has also bolstered its acceptance.
- High Success Rates: Iranian fertility centers consistently achieve impressive success rates in surrogacy treatments. Rigorous medical assessments and the expertise of specialized physicians to significantly enhance the prospects of successful pregnancies and healthy deliveries.
- Comprehensive Fertility Services: Clinics and hospitals in Iran offer a broad spectrum of fertility services beyond surrogacy, including egg donation, embryo donation, preimplantation genetic diagnosis (PGD), and gender selection (excluding sperm donation). This diversity of options ensures that you can explore various avenues to realize your dream of parenthood.
- Legal Contracts and Assurance: Before the surrogacy journey, all parties enter into legally binding contracts that explicitly outline rights, responsibilities, and financial arrangements. GoMedii prioritizes your peace of mind and minimizes the risk of legal complications.
- Cultural Acceptance: Surrogacy enjoys widespread acceptance in Iran, both from a cultural and religious standpoint. The endorsement of Islamic scholars and the government’s recognition of the importance of family expansion contribute to a supportive environment for surrogacy.
- Surrogacy Options: Iran offers both gestational and traditional surrogacy arrangements. In gestational surrogacy, the surrogate mother carries an embryo created from the intended parents’ gametes, severing genetic ties with the surrogate. Traditional surrogacy involves the surrogate using her eggs, making her the child’s biological mother.
- Cultural Exploration: Beyond the surrogacy process, Iran offers a culturally rich experience for international patients. Delve into the country’s historical sites, savor its delicious cuisine, and embrace the warm hospitality of its people.
Surrogacy Law In Iran
Surrogacy in Iran is legal both commercially and altruistically, making it a popular choice for infertile couples from the Middle East and even European countries. However, Iranian law does not permit surrogacy for single people, lesbians, or gays.
If you are considering surrogacy in Iran, you must stay in the country for about 15 days to 1 month, even if you do not plan to stay with the surrogate during her pregnancy. This is because Iranian law requires that all parties involved in the surrogacy process be present in the country for the duration of the pregnancy.
Ayatollah Khamenei, the Islamic Republic of Iran’s Supreme Leader, issued a fatwa (a religious decree) in 1999 that authorized donor technology, particularly in surrogacy, if the egg and sperm are taken from a lawfully married couple.
Here are some additional things to keep in mind if you are considering surrogacy in Iran:
- The surrogate mother must be a married woman with at least one child.
- The surrogate mother must be free of genetic diseases and other health conditions that could affect the pregnancy.
- The surrogate mother must be willing to undergo the medical procedures required for surrogacy.
- The surrogate mother must be willing to sign a contract that legally binds her to the surrogacy arrangement.
(People Also Like To Read: IVF Procedure In India)
What Is The Surrogacy Procedure In Iran?
The surrogacy cost in Iran is one of the cheapest around the world with high success rates. As surrogacy is widely accepted in the Iranian society, the surrogacy process has been streamlined for couples to enjoy parenthood.
The process of surrogacy in Iran is done through the following process:
- Our representative connects with the intended parents, checks their reports and explains them the whole procedure of surrogacy.
- Video/online consultations with doctors and IVF specialists are arranged for the couple.
- Once the foundation is set, passport details are collected and visa is processed for Iran.
- Consultations are set to explain the couple the surrogacy laws of Iran and their origin country.
- Egg donors are selected and booked for the procedure.
- Male partner’s semen sample is collected and sent to the lab for fertilization.
- In the next menstrual cycle of the surrogate, the embryo is transferred into the surrogate’s womb.
- Pregnancy test is done within 7-14 days to confirm the implantation.
- Post delivery, DNA testing is done to confirm the parentage.
- Then, follow-ups are done with the doctor to check the health of the baby as well as the surrogate.
- Legal documents like birth certificate, passport and other documents are prepared for the child.
- Couple opting for surrogacy should be a heterosexual married couple.
- The surrogate can either be a foreigner or an Iranian.
Surrogacy Cost In Iran
The best surrogacy cost in Iran is between USD 19,500 and USD 30,000, depending on the tests and other additional procedures the couple wishes to follow.
Surrogacy In Islam
Islam has two ways of looking at surrogacy as the two dominant sects – Sunni Islam and Shia Islam follow different ideologies.
The Sunni school of thought prohibits surrogacy in any form as it considers surrogacy as an interference in the natural order created by Allah. The Sharia law, followed by the Sunnis, prohibits surrogate motherhood since it involves introducing the sperm of a man into the uterus of a woman to whom he is not married. The Sharia law also forbids using donor eggs or sperm for pregnancy based on maintaining family ties and upholding the integrity of religion and marriage.
The Sunni school of thought compares surrogacy to adultery, questioning the surrogate child’s legitimacy. According to the Sharia law, implanting an embryo into a surrogate mother’s womb annihilates familial ties and is, therefore, equivalent to adultery. The Islamic rule of inheritance is based on biological fatherhood and motherhood, and inheritance proportions are defined explicitly in the Quran. So, it becomes imperative for the child’s origin to be traced back to their original father and mother.
But with changing times, religious laws have become more open and accepting. They have started to recognize the need for a family in a person’s life and the importance of having a child to complete the family.
While Sunni Islam strictly prohibits it, Shia Islam accepts and allows surrogacy with some laws to govern the procedure. Many Shiite scholars have issued fatwas allowing surrogacy to treat infertility, but only for legal couples (also defined in the Holy Quran). Notably, transferring an embryo or fetus from one womb to another is not forbidden in Shia Islam.
They do not consider the introduction of an embryo into the uterus of a surrogate mother to be analogous to the sperm of a man to whom she is not lawfully married. The act of surrogacy has been distinguished from adultery by the absence of physical intimacy. Shia clerics tackle the moral dilemma associated with surrogacy with the idea of public interest as Shia academics stress on avoiding divorce. They believe that one of the foremost ways of avoiding divorce is to remove all the obstacles in the family planning process.
Surrogacy In Iran vs. Surrogacy In Georgia
Below is a comparative analysis between Iran and Georgia, two destinations famous amongst international medical travelers for surrogacy.
|Aspect||Surrogacy in Iran||Surrogacy in Georgia|
|Cost Effectiveness||Affordable, currency devaluation enhances affordability||Affordable, competitive pricing|
|Legal and Religious Support||Fully supported and recognized under the law, approved by influential religious leaders||Legal framework supports surrogacy, but religious views vary|
|Success Rates||High success rates, meticulous medical evaluations, and experienced specialists||Competitive success rates, quality medical facilities|
|Comprehensive Services||Offers gestational and traditional surrogacy, as well as additional fertility services||Offers gestational surrogacy, limited traditional surrogacy|
|Legal Contracts and Guarantees||Legal contracts define rights, responsibilities, and financial agreements, minimizing legal risks||Legal contracts protect all parties, reducing legal complications|
|Cultural Acceptance||Widely accepted culturally and religiously, supportive environment||Legal framework exists, but public opinion varies|
|Surrogacy Types||Offers both gestational and traditional surrogacy||Primarily offers gestational surrogacy|
|Cultural Immersion||Offers a rich cultural experience for international patients||Offers cultural experiences and historical sites for exploration|
Why You Should Choose GoMedii For Surrogacy In Iran?
Surrogacy in Iran through GoMedii has many benefits including:
- Cheapest and best country for surrogacy
- Legal & religious support
- High success rate
- Availability of all the other fertility services including egg donation, embryo donation, PGD, and gender selection
- Equipped fertility centers
- Specialized physicians
- Well-experienced staff
- Presence of attorneys aware of surrogacy laws
- Accommodation facility (4/5 star)
- Visa processing
- Pick up drop services
- Sightseeing Tours
- Medical consultations/online consultations
- Post-treatment follow-up
FAQs On Surrogacy Cost In Iran
1. Whose Egg Is Used In Surrogacy?
This is a prevalent question asked by couples wanting to opt for surrogacy. Clearing the confusion, the (female partner) intended mother’s egg is used during surrogacy. The gestational carrier only provides her womb for carrying the child, so the surrogate mother doesn’t provide the egg so that the child won’t be related to the surrogate mother.
2. Is Surrogacy In India Allowed?
A surrogacy law introduced in 2022 has ended the practice of hiring wombs in India. According to the new law, only altruistic surrogacy is allowed in India, and that too for heterosexual married couples.
3. What Is The Best Surrogacy Cost In Iran?
The best surrogacy cost in Iran is between USD 19,500 and USD 30,000, depending on the tests and other additional procedures the couple wishes to follow.
4. Is Surrogacy Safe In Iran?
Yes, it is safe to pursue surrogacy in Iran due to legal and societal acceptance of the arrangement.
5. Which country is cheapest for surrogacy?
While Ukarine used to be one of the cheapest countries for surrogacy, many countries like Iran, Cyprus, and Georgia have come up since the Russia-Ukarine war. These countries offer various surrogacy options at an affordable cost and provide unrivalled comprehensive fertility services.
With GoMedii, you will get the best surrogacy cost in Iran, making your parenthood journey seamless and memorable.
6. Is surrogacy illegal in Iran?
No, Iran is the only Islamic country that allows full access to comprehensive fertility services like surrogacy, egg donation, PGD, and sex selection to domestic and foreign couples. The government supports surrogacy as a way of expanding families and strengthening the foundation of families.
7. Is Surrogacy In India Allowed?
No, commercial surrogacy in India is banned under the recent laws passed by the Indian parliament. Only altruistic surrogacy is permitted under certain conditions.
Choose GoMedii For The Most Affordable And The Best Surrogacy Cost In Iran
If you want the most affordable and the best surrogacy cost in Iran, you are at the right place and time! Trust GoMedii with your treatment; we assure you of a top-notch, hassle-free process.
We have tie-ups with one of Iran’s most reputed hospitals to get you the best treatment at an affordable cost. Furthermore, to avail of our packages, you can contact us on our Website or call us at +91 9599004311. Additionally, you can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our team will respond to you on a priority basis.
Feel free to drop your queries through this form. Our team of experts will contact you!
(People Also Like To Read: List Of Top 10 Cancer Hospital In Mumbai, Check Now!)
Disclaimer: GoMedii is a recognized and a considerate healthcare platform which tends to connect every dot of the healthcare needs and facilities. GoMedii facilitates the accessibility of all health news, health tips, and information from the Health experts and Doctors to the eyes of readers. All of the information and facts mentioned in the GoMedii Blog are thoroughly examined and verified by the Doctors and Health Experts, elsewise source of information is confirmed for the same.
About GoMedii: GoMedii is a Healthcare Technology Platform That Works Out Your Treatment / Surgery the Way You Need & Plan. A Treatment partner that simplifies the patient journey at every step. Drop Your Queries for the most affordable & world-class treatment options.You may simply download the GoMedii app for Android or iOS.