Influenza (also known as flu) is an infectious disease caused by the type of influenza viruses, including Type A, Type B, and Type C. People Also Like: How do antibiotics work to fight bacterial infections?
The most common symptoms of influenza include a high fever, sore throat, runny nose, muscle pains, coughing, headache, and tiredness.
In children, the symptoms also include vomiting and nausea. Usually, the influenza viruses spread through the air from sneezes or coughs. Frequent hand washing and Wearing a surgical mask reduces the risk of viral spread.
Signs And Symptoms of Influenza
There are several symptoms associated with influenza, including:
- Fever and extreme coldness like chills shivering and shaking
- Cough Nasal congestion
- A runny nose
- Body aches, like joints and throat
- A headache
- Irritated, watering eyes
- Reddened eyes, skin, mouth, throat, and nose
- Petechial rash In children, gastrointestinal symptoms such as diarrhea and abdominal pain.
People Also Read: What Are The Common Symptoms of Allergies?
Types of Viruses
- Influenzavirus A: The influenza virus is a genus having one species, influenza A virus. Wild aquatic birds act as natural hosts of the influenza A. Viruses can also be transmitted to the other species by causing several outbreaks. The type A viruses are the most virulent human pathogens in the three influenza types and can cause the severest disease.
- Influenzavirus B: Influenza B mostly infects humans and is less common than the influenza A.
- Influenzavirus C: Influenza C virus infects humans, dogs, and pigs, and can also cause severe illness and local epidemics. It is less common than the other types of viruses.
Prevention of Influenza
Influenza viruses can be prevented by vaccination.
The vaccination is recommended by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the World Health Organization.
These vaccinations are used for children, healthcare workers and people with chronic illness like asthma, heart disease, and diabetes.
Due to the high mutation rate of the influenza virus, the particular influenza vaccine usually provides protection for few years.
Treatment for Influenza
Usually, a person with influenza needs bed rest and lots of fluids for the treatment of the flu. Doctors may prescribe antiviral medications like oseltamivir (Tamiflu) or zanamivir (Relenza) for the treatment. Antiviral medication may have side effects like vomiting and nausea.
Influenza is an infectious disease caused by the type of influenza viruses with common symptoms of influenza include a high fever, sore throat, runny nose, muscle pains, coughing, headache, and tiredness. It can be prevented by vaccination.
People Also Like: How Deficiency Diseases Caused?
Buy medicines for influenza from your nearby pharmacy at cheaper price from GoMedii.
Disclaimer: GoMedii is a recognized and a considerate healthcare platform which tends to connect every dot of the healthcare needs and facilities. GoMedii facilitates the accessibility of all health news, health tips, and information from the Health experts and Doctors to the eyes of readers. All of the information and facts mentioned in the GoMedii Blog are thoroughly examined and verified by the Doctors and Health Experts, elsewise source of information is confirmed for the same.
About GoMedii: GoMedii is a complete healthcare marketplace, where you can Book Appointment With Doctors, Get Online Consultation, Order Medicines Online, and Get hassle-free doorstep delivery within 4 hours. You may simply download the GoMedii app for Android or iOS.