99 new passengers who arrived in Kerala from China are under surveillance for possible exposure to novel coronavirus (nCoV). A total of 179 people in the state are under surveillance. 172 are under home observation and the remaining 7 are at hospitals across the state, a senior health official said.
(People Also Like To Read: Coronavirus can spread before showing symptoms)
He said, only 7 people have any kind of symptoms and their blood and respiratory specimen samples have been sent to the National Institute of Virology, Pune.
Following reports of the US and French governments planning to evacuate their citizens from Wuhan. Indian students at the College of Medicine (Wuhan University) have sought help from the Centre to return them home.
Keep yourself safe from new coronavirus
1. Wear a mask when outdoor. Make sure to wear it properly by properly fitting the nose clip and pulling it over to your chin to cover both nose and mouth properly.
2. Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue while sneezing and coughing. Avoid covering your mouth with hands directly.
3. Wash your hand frequently and properly before eating and after using the toilet. Wash hand for at least 15 seconds with soup.
4. Wash your hands after contact with animals and animal wastes.
6. Exercising regularly is the best way to protect yourself from any infection.
7. Get prompt medical help if you have any symptoms like fever and respiratory infection.
8. Avoid people with cold and flu-like symptoms.
9. Eat thoroughly cooked meat and eggs.
10 Avoid going to crowded places like hospitals, stations, and airports.
Following prevention steps can help you to some extent. Stick around to get more updates on the recent outbreak of coronavirus. Till then, stay safe and stay healthy!
(You Might Also Like To Read: A Successful Surgery Reducing Sleep Apnea Symptoms)
Disclaimer: GoMedii is a recognized and a considerate healthcare platform which tends to connect every dot of the healthcare needs and facilities. GoMedii facilitates the accessibility of all health news, health tips, and information from the Health experts and Doctors to the eyes of readers. All of the information and facts mentioned in the GoMedii Blog are thoroughly examined and verified by the Doctors and Health Experts, elsewise source of information is confirmed for the same.
About GoMedii: GoMedii is a Healthcare Technology Platform That Works Out Your Treatment / Surgery the Way You Need & Plan. A Treatment partner that simplifies the patient journey at every step. Drop Your Queries for the most affordable & world-class treatment options.You may simply download the GoMedii app for Android or iOS.