Alzheimer’s disease is a growing disease that destroys our memory and other important mental functions.
If a person is suffering from Alzheimer’s disease he/she may be notice slight difficulty and confusion in remembering.
People with the Alzheimer’s disease may even forget important people in their lives and also may experience dramatic changes in their personality.
Alzheimer’s disease is the leading cause of dementia, a group of brain disorders that results in the loss of social and intellectual skills. In this disease, the brain cells degenerate and die, causing a steady decline in mental and memory function.
Current medications and treatment can be temporarily for Alzheimer’s disease that can improve symptoms.
These treatments can help people with Alzheimer’s disease to maximize their function and maintain independence for a longer period.
But, as there is no cure for the disease, it is important to seek support services as soon as possible and to access the support network.
What are the Symptoms of Alzheimer’s Disease?
There are several symptoms that are associated with the disease including;
- Memory loss that disrupts daily life.
- Challenges in planning and solving problems.
- Difficulty in completing the familiar task at home, office or school.
- Confusion with place and time.
- Trouble in understanding visual images and spatial relationship.
- Problems with words in writing and speaking.
- Losing the ability to retrace steps.
- The decrease in judgment.
- Less interest in work and other social activities.
- Changes in mood and personality.
What are the Causes of Alzheimer’s Disease?
In Alzheimer’s disease, basically, the brain cells start deteriorating. The body attempts to stop this process by producing a protein known as amyloid. The amyloid coats build up in the brain that leads to further deterioration.
While there is no known cause for the disease, but still some research studies have shown that the following factors may have a role in the development of the condition including;
- Genetic factors
- Environmental factors like pesticides, glues, and paints or infection with certain bacteria and viruses.
- Lifestyle factors like lack of exercise, a diet lacking vegetables and fruits, and poor-quality sleep.
Other types of factors that may be responsible for the disease including;
- Increasing age
- History of a head injury
- Down syndrome
- Risk factors for blood vessel disease like smoking
- A family history of Alzheimer’s disease
- High blood pressure
- Insulin resistance
- High cholesterol
What are the Stages of Alzheimer’s Disease?
The sequences of the Alzheimer’s disease can be broken down into three stages including;
- Preclinical, before symptoms appear
- Mild cognitive impairment, when symptoms are mild
What are the Treatment Options Available for Alzheimer’s Disease?
As there is no such known cure for the disease, its treatment focuses on managing symptoms and supporting the person and their family.
Following are the treatment options that can be given to a person who is suffering from the disease including;
- Treating medical conditions that may lead to physical or confusion decline for example lung disease or anemia.
- Encouraging energetic activities for continuing their normal activities as much as possible.
- Providing memory aids and memory triggers like written reminders and calendars.
- Encouraging social interaction to help them in preventing feelings of depression and loneliness.
- Contacting support groups.
- Encouraging regular routine to reduce confusion.
- Not smoking.
So as we all know that the Alzheimer’s disease is the leading cause of dementia (a group of brain disorders) in all across the world. Make a habit of your child for developing more social and intellectual skills.
Disclaimer: GoMedii is a recognized and a considerate healthcare platform which tends to connect every dot of the healthcare needs and facilities. GoMedii facilitates the accessibility of all health news, health tips, and information from the Health experts and Doctors to the eyes of readers. All of the information and facts mentioned in the GoMedii Blog are thoroughly examined and verified by the Doctors and Health Experts, elsewise source of information is confirmed for the same.
About GoMedii: GoMedii is a Healthcare Technology Platform That Works Out Your Treatment / Surgery the Way You Need & Plan. A Treatment partner that simplifies the patient journey at every step. Drop Your Queries for the most affordable & world-class treatment options.You may simply download the GoMedii app for Android or iOS.