There are around 1.24 million blood cancer cases that occur worldwide annually, accounting for approximately 6% of all cancer cases. Blood cancer treatment in India offers the patients a chance to fight the disease with accurate diagnosis and medically advanced treatment options.
(People Also Like To Read: Uterus Transplant Treatment In India: Is It Possible?)
An Overview Of Blood Cancer Treatment In India
India offers one of the best treatments for all types of cancer, especially blood cancer. The cost of blood cancer treatment in India is almost 3-5 times less compared to countries like the USA, the UK, Singapore, etc.
What Is Blood Cancer?
Cancers of the blood, bone marrow, and lymphatic system are collectively referred to as blood cancer. When the body’s RBC, WBC or platelet production is unusual or abnormal, blood cancer develops. It normally begins in the bone marrow, which is responsible for the production of blood. The normal functioning, growth, and development of blood cells that fight infection and make healthy blood cells are disrupted by this type of cancer.
There are different types of blood cancers, such as:
- Myelodysplastic syndromes (MDS)
- Myeloproliferative neoplasms (MPN)
In general sense, Leukemia is also known as blood cancer. Leukemia is a blood cancer that originates in the blood and bone marrow. It occurs when the body creates too many abnormal white blood cells and interferes with the bone marrow’s ability to make red blood cells and platelets.
Unlike other cancers, leukemia doesn’t generally form a mass (tumor) that shows up in imaging tests, such as X-rays or CT scans.
What Causes Of Blood Cancer?
Scientists are not exactly aware of what causes blood cancer. But they know that DNA changes triggers the onset of blood cancer but what leads to those changes in the DNA is still unknown. Oncologists are still studying all the cancer cases to better understand the cause.
What Are The Symptoms Of Blood Cancer?
The symptoms can vary with the type of blood cancer you are afflicted with, but some common symptoms are:
- Persistent fever or night sweats
- Frequent infections
- Pale skin
- Shortness of breath
- Unexplained weightless
- Joint/bone pain
- Pain or full feeling under your ribs on the left side
- Bruising and bleeding easily
- Swollen lymph nodes
Who Are At A Higher Risk Of Getting Blood Cancer?
Although anyone can get blood cancer, there are certain factors that can increase your chance of getting blood cancer, such as:
- Have undergone cancer treatment in the past
- Has a habit of smoking
- Regular to industrial chemicals like Benzene and formaldehyde
- Family history of blood cancer
- Presence of genetic disorders like down syndrome, neurofibromatosis, Klinefelter syndrome or Schwachman-Diamond syndrome
How Blood Cancer Is Diagnosed?
Health practitioners use the following tests to determine the presence of blood cancer in your body:
- Physical Examination: The doctor check your abdomen area and armpits to look for swollen lymph nodes.
- Complete Blood Count (CBC): To check for abnormal levels of red blood cells, white blood cells and platelets.
- Blood Cell examination: To look for tumor/cancer markers for blood cancer
- Bone Marrow Biopsy and Aspiration: The fluid from your bone marrow is examined in labs to look for cancer cells.
- Imaging tests: It includes MRI scan, CT scan and PET scan. Imaging tests are only done if symptoms indicate leukemia has affected your bones, organs or tissue.
- Lumbar puncture: Spinal fluid is taken out and examined to look for cancerous cells.
(You Might Also Like To Read: Brain TB treatment In India)
How Blood Cancer Is Treated In India?
Blood cancer treatment in India involves a many different types of procedures to bring out the best possible results, such as:
- Chemotherapy: A combination of cancer drugs are administered at regular intervals to shrink or kill the cancer cells.
- Immunotherapy: The treatment boosts the body’s immune system to fight off the cancer cells or control the side effects of other cancer treatments.
- Targeted Therapy: It uses medicines to target specific proteins in cancer cells to stop them from growing. Examples of targeted therapy drugs include monoclonal antibodies and tyrosine kinase inhibitors.
- Radiation Therapy: Cancer cells are killed using high-energy X-ray beams. Distributing radiation throughout your body may happen before a hematopoietic cell transplant.
- Bone Marrow transplant: This treatment replaces the cancerous blood-forming cells killed by chemotherapy and/or radiation therapy with new, healthy hematopoietic cells.
- Chimeric Antigen Receptor (CAR)-T cell Therapy: A process in which T cells are collected from the patient and re-engineered into producing CAR protein to tackle cancer cells.
Cost Of Blood Cancer Treatment In India
The cost of blood cancer treatment in India ranges from $450 to $28,000, depending on the hospital and the type of treatment the patient has chosen.
Top Hospitals For Blood Cancer Treatment In India
GoMedii has compiled a list of top hospitals offering blood cancer treatment in India for you to get a hassle-free treatment.
- Apollo Hospitals, Bannerghatta, Bangalore
- Lilavati Hospital and Research Centre, Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Fortis Hospital, Bangalore
- Nanavati Super Specialty Hospital, Mumbai
- Medanta the Medicity, Gurugram
- Max Super Specialty Hospital, Saket, Delhi
- Gleneagles Global Hospital, Hyderabad
- Care Institute of Medical Sciences, Ahmedabad
- BLK Super Specialty Hospital, Delhi
- Batra Hospital and Medical Research Centre, Delhi
- Fortis Hospital, Ahmedabad
- Venkateshwar Hospital, Delhi
- Sims Hospital, Chennai
- Fortis Hospital, Kolkata
FAQ’s On Blood Cancer Treatment In India
1. Can blood cancer be cured?
Although blood cancer can not be cured, it can be put into remission with various treatments, such as stem cell therapy, chemotherapy, radiation therapy, etc.
2. Is blood cancer very serious?
Blood cancers are serious illnesses, but other cancer types are more deadly. If not treated on time, blood cancer can even become fatal.
3. Which type of blood cancer is the most dangerous?
Leukemia is considered to be the most dangerous type of blood cancer.
The above article has been proofread by our in-house health expert Dr Alok Pandey, physician (MBBS).
Choose GoMedii for the best Blood Cancer Treatment in India
If you are looking for the best blood cancer treatment in India, you are at the right place and time! Trust GoMedii with your treatment; we assure you of a top-notch, hassle-free process.
We have tie-ups with one of India’s most reputed hospitals to get you the best treatment at an affordable cost. Furthermore, to avail of our packages, You Can Contact us on our Website and WhatsApp (+91 9654030724) or call us at 9599004811. Additionally, you can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our team will respond to you on a priority basis.
Feel free to drop your queries through this “form.” Our team of experts will contact you!
(People Also Like To Read: Which Are The Best Colon Cancer Treatment Hospitals in India?)
Disclaimer: GoMedii is a recognized and a considerate healthcare platform which tends to connect every dot of the healthcare needs and facilities. GoMedii facilitates the accessibility of all health news, health tips, and information from the Health experts and Doctors to the eyes of readers. All of the information and facts mentioned in the GoMedii Blog are thoroughly examined and verified by the Doctors and Health Experts, elsewise source of information is confirmed for the same.
About GoMedii: GoMedii is a Healthcare Technology Platform That Works Out Your Treatment / Surgery the Way You Need & Plan. A Treatment partner that simplifies the patient journey at every step. Drop Your Queries for the most affordable & world-class treatment options.You may simply download the GoMedii app for Android or iOS.