- 1 What Is Pancreatic Tumor?
- 2 Symptoms of Pancreatic Tumor
- 3 Causes Of Pancreatic Tumor
- 4 Risk Factors of Pancreatic Tumor
- 5 Complications Of Pancreatic Tumor
- 6 Diagnostic Tests For Pancreatic Tumor
- 7 Pancreatic Tumor Treatment In India
- 8 Pancreatic Tumor Treatment Cost In India
- 9 Pancreatic Tumor Treatment Hospitals in India
- 10 FAQs On Pancreatic Tumor Treatment Cost In India
Did you know that pancreatic cancer has the lowest survival rate among all cancers? Yes, the survival rate of Pancreatic cancer is hardly 3-6%. Such a low survival rate is mainly due to late diagnosis.
Timely diagnosis and proper treatment can increase the survival rate, improving your quality of life.
Read on to know why the diagnosis of pancreatic tumor happens at a later stage.
(People Also Like To Read: Nasopharyngeal Cancer Treatment In India)
What Is Pancreatic Tumor?
A pancreatic tumor is a lump of mass formed due to the abnormal growth of the pancreatic cells. The tumor can either be benign or malignant.
Types Of Pancreatic Tumor:
There are mainly two types of pancreatic tumors:
- Benign or non-cancerous pancreatic tumors like pancreatic cysts (fluid-filled sacs) or Pancreatic neuroendocrine tumors (NETs – arise from hormone-producing cells in the pancreas).
- Malignant or cancerous pancreatic tumor.
While benign pancreatic tumors are non-cancerous, some can turn malignant if not diagnosed and treated promptly.
Symptoms of Pancreatic Tumor
The symptoms of benign and malignant pancreatic tumors are almost the same, with slight variations. They are:
1. Benign Pancreatic Tumor:
- Abdominal pain and discomfort
- Unexplained weight loss
- Digestive issues like indigestion, bloating, nausea, vomiting, or changes in bowel motions like diarrhea or constipation.
2. Malignant Pancreatic Tumor:
When a person develops a malignant pancreatic tumor, the body starts exhibiting a few more symptoms in addition to the ones mentioned above, such as:
- Nausea and vomiting
- Loss of your appetite
- Loose motions, light yellow or floating stool
- Dark-colored urine
- Gallbladder or liver enlargement
- Belly pain spreading to the sides of the back
- New diagnosis of diabetes or diabetes that’s getting harder to control.
Causes Of Pancreatic Tumor
The benign pancreatic tumor starts with pseudocysts that generally develop in the tail of the pancreas. Pseudocysts are usually caused by injury to the pancreas or pancreatitis. Rarely, pancreatic cysts can also be caused by an infection such as tuberculosis, tapeworms, or other organisms.
Scientists are not exactly aware of what causes lead to the formation of malignant pancreatic tumors. They know that DNA changes trigger the onset of penile cancer, but what leads to those changes in the DNA is still unknown. Oncologists are still studying all the cancer cases to understand the cause better.
Two major factors contribute to the onset of penile cancer – smoking and drinking. When burned, cigarettes create more than 7,000 chemicals. At least 69 chemicals are known to cause cancer, and many are toxic.
Risk Factors of Pancreatic Tumor
There are certain risk factors associated with the development of pancreatic tumors. These risk factors, over time, can also turn benign tumors into malignant.
- Excessive alcohol consumption
- Illness like diabetes or pancreas-related diseases
- Family history of pancreatic tumor
- Age above 65 years
Complications Of Pancreatic Tumor
Pancreatic tumor, both benign or malignant, comes with its own set of complications, such as:
1. Weight Loss:
Pancreatic tumors can cause weight loss due to energy extraction and digestive system issues. Symptoms include nausea, vomiting, and necessitating diet changes. Eat small, frequent meals with high-protein foods like meat, chicken, eggs, soy, or tofu to reduce weight loss.
2. Bile Duct Obstruction:
Bile salt, a liver liquid containing cholesterol, bile salts, and bilirubin, helps digest fat and expel it through bile ducts. Blocking bile ducts can cause jaundice, a yellow skin color, and pancreatic tumors. To prevent this, avoid refined sugar, saturated or trans fats, low-fiber grains, fruits, and vegetables. However, advancements in medical treatments in India may help cure pancreatic tumors at a lower cost.
Jaundice, caused by bile duct obstruction, is a sign of pancreatic cancer and can cause yellow skin, eyes, itch, black urine, and light feces. To combat jaundice symptoms, patients should avoid alcohol, refined carbohydrates, oily fast foods, and raw or undercooked fish. Instead, they can benefit from fresh fruits, vegetables, coffee, plant-based proteins, whole grains, and adequate water.
Pancreatic tumors can cause dull pain in the back or stomach, worsening after lying down or eating. As the tumor grows, it becomes more severe. Treatments include surgical procedures, radiation therapies, relaxation, massage, acupuncture, and physical therapy.
5. Bowel Blockage:
The bowel aids in absorbing nutrients and removing waste from food. The small intestine ingests nutrients, but the duodenum can cause bowel blockage due to pancreatic tumor growth. Preventing blockage involves small meals, cooked vegetables, meat, and stews.
(People Also Like To Read: COMMANDO Surgery Cost In India)
Diagnostic Tests For Pancreatic Tumor
Detecting pancreatic cancer in its early stages is challenging. This is primarily because healthcare providers cannot physically examine your pancreas during regular medical check-ups, and these tumors are not easily visible on standard imaging tests.
If your provider suspects pancreatic cancer, they’ll recommend a combination of pancreas function tests, which may include:
- Imaging tests like CT Scans, MRI, PET, and EUS
- Blood tests for detecting tumor markers
- Genetic Testing to see if you have mutated genes or not
Pancreatic Tumor Treatment In India
1. Surgical Approach
Successful diagnosis of pancreatic tumor treatment at an early stage can give you fruitful results. There are various options to cure pancreatic tumors through surgeries, such as:
|Type of Surgery||Surgery procedure|
2. Adjuvant Therapies
Other treatments are available to treat pancreatic tumors in India besides surgeries. These therapies are beneficial in the case of a malignant pancreatic tumor, especially when it has metastasized.
- Chemotherapy is a systematic drug treatment used to hold the pace or eliminate malignant tumors. This medicine can be taken orally, through veins, or injected through muscles, traveling to cancer-affected organs and eliminating cancer cells. The combination of chemotherapy entails including many anticancer medications in the treatment regimen.
- Radiation therapy is one of the many ways to kill cancer cells and is commonly used to cure pancreatic tumors or cancer. Often, chemotherapy and radiation (Chemoradiation) are used to cure cancer cells.
- Targeted therapy treatment targets exact proteins using collections of certain drugs that control how cancer cells grow, divide, and spread. The targeted therapy can be used as a separate therapy or with chemotherapy and radiation therapy to enhance the performance of this particular treatment.
- External or photo beam therapy uses radiation beams sent through the skin to the tumor or the location where the tumor was excised using an external machine. Treatment of pancreatic cancer frequently involves it.
Pancreatic Tumor Treatment Cost In India
Pancreatic tumor treatment cost in India is between USD 6000 to USD 8000, depending on the malignancy of the tumor and the extent of the spread.
Pancreatic Tumor Treatment Hospitals in India
Explore India’s leading hospitals recognized for their specialized treatment of pancreatic tumors. Uncover the state-of-the-art medical amenities and advanced therapies available to ensure optimal patient care. GoMedii has curated a comprehensive list of top hospitals for pancreatic tumor treatment in India, offering cost-effective and seamless healthcare solutions.
The Hospitals are:
- Aster Medicity, Kochi
- Kauvery Hospital, Alwarpet, Chennai
- Max Hospital, Gurugram
- Fortis Memorial Research Institute, Gurugram
- Fortis Hospital, NOIDA
- Max Super Specialty Hospital, Saket, Delhi
- Sharda Hospitals, Greater NOIDA
- MGM Healthcare, Chennai
- Apollo Proton Cancer Center, Chennai
- Jaypee Hospitals, NOIDA
FAQs On Pancreatic Tumor Treatment Cost In India
Can pancreatic tumors be cured?
The pancreatic tumor can be treated if it is benign and, if malignant, it has not metastasized.
What is the pancreatic tumor survival rate?
According to research (Source: Cancer-Statistics), pancreatic cancer, the tenth most common cancer in men and eighth in women, has seen a 1% increase in the survival rate since the late 1990s, with 495,773 new cases expected globally in 2020.
Which are the best hospitals for pancreatic tumor treatment in India?
The best hospitals for pancreatic tumor treatment in India include Medanta – The Medicity, Gurugram, Fortis Hospital, NOIDA, Yashoda Super Specialty Hospital, Hyderabad, Manipal Hospital, Delhi, etc.
How much does pancreatic tumor treatment cost in India?
You can get your treatment in the above hospitals and other alternative hospitals at a very affordable cost of $6000 to $8000.
Choose GoMedii For The Best And Affordable Pancreatic Tumor Treatment Cost In India
If you want the best and most affordable pancreatic tumor treatment cost in India, you are at the right place and time! Trust GoMedii with your treatment; we assure you of a top-notch, hassle-free process.
We have tie-ups with one of India’s most reputed hospitals to get you the best treatment at an affordable cost. Furthermore, to avail of our packages, you can contact us on our “Website” or call us at +91-9599004311. Additionally, you can also email us at email@example.com. Our team will respond to you on a priority basis.
Feel free to drop your queries through this “form. “Our team of experts will contact you!
(People Also Like To Read: Best Hospital For Pancreatic Cancer Treatment In India)
Disclaimer: GoMedii is a recognized and a considerate healthcare platform which tends to connect every dot of the healthcare needs and facilities. GoMedii facilitates the accessibility of all health news, health tips, and information from the Health experts and Doctors to the eyes of readers. All of the information and facts mentioned in the GoMedii Blog are thoroughly examined and verified by the Doctors and Health Experts, elsewise source of information is confirmed for the same.
About GoMedii: GoMedii is a Healthcare Technology Platform That Works Out Your Treatment / Surgery the Way You Need & Plan. A Treatment partner that simplifies the patient journey at every step. Drop Your Queries for the most affordable & world-class treatment options.You may simply download the GoMedii app for Android or iOS.