There are several types of foods that can be included in the gastritis diet such as fiber-rich food like black beans, foods that contain flavonoids like celery, apples, cranberries and avoiding high-fat foods like cheese.
People Also Read: 13 Amazing Food for Eczema
What is Gastritis Diet?
Gastritis is swelling or infection of the lining of the stomach. They may occur for a short period and last long with symptoms like upper abdominal pain, nausea, and vomiting.
Its common causes are infection with Helicobacter pylori bacteria and use of the nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAIDs).
It can also be caused by alcohol, smoking, severe illness, cocaine, autoimmune problems, Crohn’s disease, and radiation therapy.
Facts Related to Gastritis:
- Gastritis is inflammation of the stomach wall and is usually termed chronic or acute gastritis.
- Major causes of gastritis include Helicobacter pylori or H. pylori bacterium.
- It has symptoms of both chronic and acute gastritis such as abdominal pain, vomiting, indigestion, and loss of appetite.
- Its treatment varies according to its cause.
- Home remedies may help reduce the symptoms.
- To reduce the risk of gastritis disease the patient should avoid situations where he/she are exposed to chemicals, toxins, or radiation.
Gastritis Diet: What to Eat and What to Avoid
There are some foods that may help manage gastritis and lessen its symptoms including;
- High-fiber foods such as oatmeal, broccoli, apples, carrots, and beans.
- Low-fat foods such as fish, turkey breast, and chicken.
- Foods with low acidity or more alkaline like vegetables.
- Drinks without caffeine.
- Using probiotics like kombucha, kimchi, yogurt, and sauerkraut.
Foods to avoid a gastritis diet including;
- Fruit juice
- Acidic foods such as tomatoes and some fruits
- Fried foods
- Fatty foods
- Carbonated drinks
- Spicy foods
- Allergenic or symptomatic foods
Gastritis Diet With an Ulcer:
Some types of gastritis can eventually cause an ulcer. If a person has an ulcer, there are several types of foods that a person should eat or avoid which is similar to those for gastritis. With an ulcer, a person should make sure he/she are getting foods that are full of vitamins and minerals. A healthy diet with foods full of vitamins makes it ease with gastritis.
What Foods Provide Symptom Relief?
There are several foods that help in stopping the growth and development of H. pylori and provide relieve gastritis symptoms including;
- Teas (green and white in particular)
- Wheat Bran
- Carrot juice
- Green leafy vegetables
- Coconut water
- Cranberry juice
- Fresh fruits and berries
[ People Also Like: What Foods are Good Sources of Vitamins and Minerals?]
Buy medicines for Gastritis from your nearby pharmacy at a cheaper price from GoMedii.
Disclaimer: GoMedii is a recognized and a considerate healthcare platform which tends to connect every dot of the healthcare needs and facilities. GoMedii facilitates the accessibility of all health news, health tips, and information from the Health experts and Doctors to the eyes of readers. All of the information and facts mentioned in the GoMedii Blog are thoroughly examined and verified by the Doctors and Health Experts, elsewise source of information is confirmed for the same.
About GoMedii: GoMedii is a complete healthcare marketplace, where you can Book Appointment With Doctors, Get Online Consultation, Order Medicines Online, and Get hassle-free doorstep delivery within 4 hours. You may simply download the GoMedii app for Android or iOS.