- 1 What Is COMMANDO Surgery?
- 2 Diseases Treated By COMMANDO Surgery
- 3 COMMANDO Surgery Indications
- 4 Why Is COMMANDO Surgery Required?
- 5 How To Prepare For COMMANDO Surgery?
- 6 Tests Done Before COMMANDO Surgery
- 7 COMMANDO Surgery Steps
- 8 COMMANDO Surgery Complications
- 9 COMMANDO Surgery Cost In India
- 10 COMMANDO Surgery Hospitals In India
Did you know that COMMANDO surgery was named so because of its extensive nature? Yes, COMMANDO surgery combines a few complicated surgical procedure to treat the malignancies. The surgery addresse issues which can’t be dealt by conventioanl surgeries. COMMANDO surgery cost in India is one of the lowest around the world. Moreover, our Indian doctors, with years of experience, have developed the capability to manoeuvre through the complexility of the surgery.
Keep on reading to know why COMMANDO surgery lives up to its name.
(People Also Like To Read: Where Is The Best Oral & Mouth Cancer Treatment In Noida?)
What Is COMMANDO Surgery?
COMMANDO Surgery Full Form
The full form of COMMANDO surgery is ‘Combined Mandibulectomy and Neck dissection‘ surgery.
Diseases Treated By COMMANDO Surgery
The following are the diseases treated by COMMANDO surgery:
- Tumours of tonsils, Buccal mucosa, Mandible, Tongue, Floor of the mouth and Gingiva.
COMMANDO Surgery Indications
This surgery may be recommended by your doctor if:
• Lymph nodes have been affected by cancer.
• The cancer might spread to other bodily parts.
Why Is COMMANDO Surgery Required?
COMMANDO surgery mainly treats cancers of the tongue, cheek, and oral cavity.
Surgeons apply this approach when the cancer starts affecting the oropharyngeal region This surgical approach can be used to treat mouth cancer, which can be found in various areas such as the tongue, the floor of the mouth, the larynx, the pharynx, the maxilla, the mandible, or the palate.
Cancers that spread in the neck and head region typically follow a path from the head down to the neck and chest. Therefore, during surgery, composite resection is performed to prevent the cancer from spreading further.
Furthermore, cancers in the neck and head area have a tendency to migrate to one side of the body. To interrupt this cancer’s path, surgeons carry out dissection of lymphatic channels to stop its progression.
How To Prepare For COMMANDO Surgery?
Your doctor will discuss your medical history with you. They will also touch upon the surgery and give you a detailed explanation on it. You may have to follow certain instructions to prepare for the surgery as suggested by your doctor, such as:
- Avoid blood-thinning medicines lest it interupts with the healing process or leads to excessive bleeding.
- Do not eat anything after the midnight on the day of the surgery.
- You will undergo an antibiotic therapy 24 hours before the suregry.
- Wear no jewelry during the operation.
Tests Done Before COMMANDO Surgery
There are certain tests that your health practitioner will ask you to undergo, such as:
COMMANDO Surgery Steps
Your Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon will follow the following steps for COMMANDO surgery:
- The surgeon begins by making an incision in the lower jawbone. This allows them to access and remove the cancerous growths in the mouth. They make sure to take out all the harmful tissues during this step.
- Doctors need to be very careful. They must remove the entire tumor while keeping the nearby organs and systems safe. The throat area is quite intricate, so they can’t make any mistakes. They perform a thorough removal of the tumor, making sure everything is secure.
- After that, a plastic surgeon takes over. They perform a reconstruction surgery using skin from the leg, forearm, thigh, or abdomen. Typically, they use a flap of skin for this purpose.
- Finally, the jaw is stitched back together, and the surgery is finished.
COMMANDO Surgery Complications
Some of the complications after the COMMANDO surgery are:
- Loss of functional ability
- Swelling and abscess formation
COMMANDO Surgery Cost In India
The COMMANDO surgery cost in India ranges between USD 2500 to USD 3500, depending on the extent of the cancer’s spread.
COMMANDO Surgery Hospitals In India
There are many hospitals in India offering COMMANDO surgery. These hospitals are equipped with state-of-the-art equipment and have experienced medical specialists. GoMedii has compiled a list of COMMANDO surgery hospitals in India for your convenience.
The hospitals are:
- Medanta – The Medicity, Gurgaon
- Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital, Mumbai
- BLK Super Speciality Hospital, New Delhi
- Fortis Memorial Research Institute, Gurgaon
- Fortis hospital, NOIDA
- Apollo Hospitals, Greams Road, Chennai
- Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi
- Apollo Gleneagles Hospital, Kolkata
- Jaypee Hospital, NOIDA
- Global Hospitals, Mumbai
Choose GoMedii For The Best And Affordable COMMANDO Surgery Cost In India
If you want the best and most affordable COMMANDO surgery cost in India, you are at the right place and time! Trust GoMedii with your treatment; we assure you of a top-notch, hassle-free process.
We have tie-ups with one of Iran’s most reputed hospitals to get you the best treatment at an affordable cost. Furthermore, to avail of our packages, you can contact us on our Website or call us at +91 9599004311. Additionally, you can also email us at email@example.com. Our team will respond to you on a priority basis.
Feel free to drop your queries through this form. Our team of experts will contact you!
(People Also Like To Read: Nasopharyngeal Cancer Treatment In India)
Disclaimer: GoMedii is a recognized and a considerate healthcare platform which tends to connect every dot of the healthcare needs and facilities. GoMedii facilitates the accessibility of all health news, health tips, and information from the Health experts and Doctors to the eyes of readers. All of the information and facts mentioned in the GoMedii Blog are thoroughly examined and verified by the Doctors and Health Experts, elsewise source of information is confirmed for the same.
About GoMedii: GoMedii is a Healthcare Technology Platform That Works Out Your Treatment / Surgery the Way You Need & Plan. A Treatment partner that simplifies the patient journey at every step. Drop Your Queries for the most affordable & world-class treatment options.You may simply download the GoMedii app for Android or iOS.